- IT Help Desk Officer
- IT HELP DESK
- IT SUPPORT ANALYST
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Biswal Limited
JESUS IS CALLING YOU. THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS CALLING YOU. ACCEPT THE CLARION CALL AND BE FREE FROM BONDAGES OF SIN
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord and all the families of the nations shall worship before Him(psalm 22:27)
FLEE FROM FORNICATION AND ADULTERY
Study Text: Proverbs 5:1-14
- Occasionally we hear very disturbing news: someone we know has committed adultery or fornication:
a. Who we thought was devoted to their spouse and their Lord
b. In some cases, it is a preacher, elder, deacon, or Bible class teacher
- Our reaction is usually, “What are they thinking…?”
a. How can they do such a thing to their spouse and children?
b. How can they turn their back on the Lord who died for them?
c. Do they not know the terrible consequences of adultery?
- Though not a pleasant subject, it is necessary to be frequently reminded of:
a. The terrible price of the sin of adultery
b. How one can prevent the sin of adultery
I. THE PRICE OF ADULTERY
A. IT CAN COST YOUR WEALTH.
- Solomon pleads with his children to stay away from the immoral woman – Prov 5:7-8
- His first reason: “Lest you give your honor to others…” – Prov 5:9a
- He reiterates: “Lest aliens be filled with your wealth, And your labors go to the house of a foreigner.” – Prov 5:10
B. IT CAN COST YOUR PHYSICAL HEALTH.
- Solomon’s second reason: “…and your years to the cruel one.” – Prov 5:9b
- He adds: “And you mourn at last, when your flesh and body are consumed.” – Pr 5:11
- Bacterial STDs (e.g., chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea) are often brought on by immorality
- Viral STDs (e.g., genital herpes, Hepatitis B, AIDS) are incurable
— Sexually transmitted diseases can eat away at your body
C. IT CAN COST YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.
- You will be filled with self-recrimination: “How I hated instruction, and my heart despised correction! I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!” – Prov 5:12-13
- As you recall the violent effects of divorce on your spouse (and on your children who will likely suffer the worst), you will berate your stupidity! -Mal 2:16
— Your conscience can eat away at your peace of mind
D. IT CAN COST YOUR REPUTATION.
- As suggested by these words: “I was on the verge of total ruin, in the midst of the assembly and congregation.” – Prov 5:14
- People do not take lightly the sin of adultery -Prov 6:27-35. Can a person be trusted who would lie to their spouse?
— Your unfaithfulness can eat away at your reputation
- Adultery destroys one’s wealth, body, soul, and reputation. Forgiveness is possible (1Cor 6:9-11), but many affects of adultery continue throughout one’s life.
II. THE PREVENTION OF ADULTERY
A. LOVE YOUR SPOUSE.
- Rejoice with the wife of your youth; be enraptured by her love – Prov 5:15-19; Ecc 9:9
a. Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church – Eph 5: 25,28
b. Wives, learn to love your husbands – Tit 2:3-4
- Why be enraptured by an adulteress (adulterer) and seductress (seducer)? – Prov 5:20
a. One’s true character is revealed by their immorality
b. If they commit adultery with you, they are likely to commit adultery against you!
B. LOVE YOUR LORD.
- The Lord is omniscient, and sins will have their effect – Prov 5:21-23
a. He sees all – Prov 15:3
b. God will judge fornicators and adulterers – Heb 13:4
c. When one sins against the Lord, their sins will be exposed – Num 32:23
- How much better to love the Lord, and be loyal to Him
a. He looks for those loyal to Him – 2Chrn 16:9; Mat 22:37
b. Joseph’s devotion to God prevented him from being tempted – Gen 39:7-10
c. The Lord blessed Joseph because of his faithfulness – Gen 39:21; 41:50-52
— Those who love the Lord foremost, love their spouses forever!
- The price of adultery is terrible…
a. Which too many learn by sad experience
b. Which all can avoid by heeding God’s Word
- The prevention of adultery is possible when our love is in the right place…
a. Loving the Lord with all our heart
b. Loving our spouses with God’s blessing
- Do not destroy the lives of so many with misdirected affection…!
WHAT DOES GOD WANT ME TO DO?
Admit that God has not been first place in your life and ask Him to forgive your sins.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9 (NIV)
Believe that Jesus died to forgive you and rose again to reconcile you with God.
“If you confess that Jesus is your Lord, and you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9 (NIV)
Choose to receive Christ and accepts God’s free gift of salvation.
“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.” John 1:12-13 (NLT)
You can take these steps by praying a simple prayer of commitment to God:
“Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me. I realize I need you in my life, and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand it more. As much as I know how I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a Christian.”
“Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” Romans 10:13 (NLT)
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)
If you prayed the above prayer, Jesus came into your life and He will never leave you! We’re so excited that you have made the decision to commit your life to Christ! We encourage you to get into God’s word and to find a Bible-based church that will support your growth as a Christian. Surround yourself with people who will encourage you in your daily walk and stay connected to God every day. That’s the secret to life!
Chat or Call this number for spiritual mentoring,counseling and prayers +2349038371916